RULES AND REGULATIONS
- Students are responsible for their conduct to the Principal and are prohibited from doing anything either inside or outside the college that will amount to a breach of discipline or interference in the discipline and normal working of the college. A student shall be liable to disciplinary action for violation of any of the rules of discipline. Disciplinary action may involve warning and/or suspension from classes, from the examination, from use of the College Library or even from the College as such or any such action.
- Students shall conduct themselves in a polite manner, both towards the members of the staff (teaching and administrative) and towards their fellow students. Insubordination, unbecoming language or ungentlemanly conduct including teasing ets., shall be severely dealt with. Students should wear proper dresses in College.
- Students shall maintain perfect silence in classrooms and desist from demonstration of disorderly behavior. They must not loiter in the corridors or in front of class rooms or office rooms and must keep as quiet as possible at all times. During their free periods, student should work quietly in the Library or Reading Room, or spend the time without causing any disturbance. Smoking in the College hall, classrooms, laboratories, library and reading room is prohibited.
- Students shall take proper care of the College property, furniture and premises and they must not spoil or cause any damage to or temper with College property, furniture and fittings. They shall not spoil the lawns.
- Students shall leave their scooters or motorcycles in the shed provided for this purpose. No scooters or motorcycles shall be parked in any other part of the College premises.
- No society can be formed in the College without the permission of the Principal nor shall any person be invited to address a meeting in the College without the prior permission of the Principal.
OTHER INFORMATION In order to be eligible to appear at the University Examination every student has to attend a minimum of two third of the total number of lectures delivered at the college in all subjects as also in tutorials, as the case may be, taken separately in each academic year. The University Ordinance states that the College shall have power to strike off the name of the student who is irregular in attendance or when the absence of the student is for such a long period that he/she cannot put in the reqauisite percentage of attendance which is 75% of the teaching days. These rules are strictly followed. Parents/Guardians are advised to periodically meet teachers of their wards to know the progress of their ward in studies and punctuality in attending classes. NOTE: Late admission, if granted, is entirely at the risk of the students concerned and no concession in regard to attendance is allowed. Attendance will be calculated from the date of the College re-opens after the summer vacation. When student is required to represent the College in competitive events – sports, cultural activities and debates sponsored by the College – he/she must apply for permission advance, in writing to the Principal. Exemption from attendance for other reasons may be granted only if permitted by the Principal in writing. Such permission must be obtained well in advance and not at the time of examination. Application for leave of absence due to sickness/hospitalization must be supported by a medical leave and fitness certificate from a recognized medical practitioner, and should reach the Principal within a week of the student re-joining college on the expiry of leave.