STRATEGIC PLAN OF GOVERNMENT SERCHHIP COLLEGE
The Institutional Strategic / Perspective plan is effectively deployed.
The Strategic Plan of Govt. Serchhip College for the years 2017-2022 is prepared in line with the vision and mission of the college. The SWOC analysis of the institution and the NAAC peer team feedback and recommendation during the second cycle together forms the basis of the strategic plan for the current plan year.
The college Strategic Plan sets out a framework of priorities for the college and its departments. The stakeholders played a vital role during the drafting of the plan. The strategic plan will be underpinned by a more detailed implementation plan which would be overseen by the Principal and IQAC.
The institution’s core values are as follows:
- We are committed to give the students quality education through enhanced quality teaching and learning so as to enable them to realize their potential and help them to achieve their goals and objectives.
- Quality and in-depth provision in all subjects.
- Close inter-relationship between teachers and students.
Faculty and Staff
- We commit to achieve the highest professional standards of quality, integrity, and performance in our programs, services, and operations.
- We acknowledge the value and dignity of each member of the college fraternity.
- Strong support for individual researchers.
- Encouragement of career development for all staffs.
- Contribution of the institution to the society through the pursuit, dissemination, and application of knowledge-based initiatives.
- Opportunities for innovative partnership with charitable foundations, healthcarebodies, government bodies, organisations, institutions and NGOs.
- Concern for sustainability and relationship with the environment
The important themes of the strategic plan are highlighted below:
- Faculty development
- Innovation and extension
- Engagement and partnership.
The strategy plan may be further categorized into short term and long term plan on the nature of the work.
Through committed personal education of each student, we will provide quality education and experience which provide students with the values, skills and intellectual discipline which will enhance a positive contribution to society.
- To attract and admit students from all backgrounds with outstanding academic potential and enhance their ability to benefit the education delivered.
- To offer an excellent academic experience for all our students and ensure that they graduate and excel in their future professions.
- To retain and contribute the dynamic academic environment of the institution.
- Supporting student’s well-being is at the heart of our approach with the aim to provide the greatest opportunity for all our students to excel.
- We will preserve the best practices that the institution has to offer in its teaching-learning process, including close personal supervision and support.
- Expand the support of economically backward students.
- Awards and recognition for students in appreciation of various academic and co-curricular accomplishments.
Table 1: Five yearly targets for teaching- learning process:
|METRIC YEAR||2017-2018||2018-2019||2019-2020||2020-2021||2021 -2022|
|University rank holder
|Introducing add- on course
|Number of students qualifying the competitive/ professional exams
- Faculty Development:
The quality of our academic, research, professional and support staff is critical to our academic future. To support the human resource development, the faculties’ exposure to diverse and rich programs are encouraged which allow staffs to develop and flourish.These processes provide the staffs and faculties to support and respond to the varying curriculum and guidelines.
- Improving the qualification of existing faculty members by deputing them for
- Imparting training to faculty members through participation in FDPs, workshops, seminars, refresher courses, orientation programmes etc.
- Encouraging faculty to participate in various academic and professional activities
for better knowledge enhancement and enrichment.
- Fostering the culture that promotes equality of opportunity, values, diversity and maintaining a working, learning and social environment in which the rights and dignity of all our staffs are respected.
Table 2: Five yearly target to enhance faculty competence and visibility:
|METRIC YEAR||2017-2018||2018-2019||2019-2020||2020-2021||2021 – 2022|
|Faculty deputation for
Higher studies(Long term)
|Faculty Development Programme
|Faculty to be deputed for
professional development(Long term)
|Percentage of faculty
involved in various
academic and professional
activities (outside) for better
|Publications in journals/conferences
The institution aims to provide a modern campus that is safe, comfortable, technologically relevant, and environmentally sustainable. To provide high quality infrastructure, technology and facilities upgradation and establishment of eco-friendly campus is essential. Beautification is another vital role to make the campus more vibrant.
- Modernizing existing academic building with Smart / IT enabled classroom.
- Modernizing existing laboratory infrastructure; establishing facilities upgradation with revised curriculum.
- To construct over-bridge to connect the administrative block and academic block.
- To generate sustainable income for residents of the locality through Entrepreneurship Program by utilizing the existing resources of the institution.
- To construct the Arts Academic Block.
- To set up gymnasium in the campus.
- To construct throw-ball court.
Table 3: Five yearly targets for infrastructure:
|Metrics/Year||2017-2018||2018-2019||2019-2020||2020-2021||2021 – 2022|
|25%||50%||100%||Fully Functional||Fully Functional|
|25%||50%||100%||Fully Functional||Fully Functional|
|Overbridge within the campus
|10%||50%||100%||Fully Functional||Fully Functional|
|75%||100%||Fully Functional||Fully Functional||Fully Functional|
|50%||100%||Fully Occupied||Fully Occupied||Fully Occupied|
|50%||100%||Fully Functional||Fully Functional||Fully Functional|
|Throw ball court
|10%||25%||50 %||100%||Fully Functional|
- Innovation and extension:
The innovation and extension activities aims to improve the quality of the students upon the implementation of the standard practices and create social responsibility to achieve greater learning outcomes and further attribution to the community life.
Various innovative programmes are organized by the Entrepreneurship Knowledge Cell.
The college organizes the extension activities through Adventure clubs, Wildlife Protection Club, Gardening Club, Photography Club, National Service Scheme (NSS), Swacch Bharat and Eco Club.
- Nurturing innovations, start-ups, and entrepreneurs through technical mentoring, hands-on training and support.
- Extension programmes through various clubs and cells activities.
- Organise special camping to develop and learn different society and community life.
- Field trip or study tour to further enhance their knowledge and skills.
Table 4: Five yearly targets for innovation and extension activities:
entrepreneurial ventures(Long term)
|Extension and outreach programme
|Special Camping Programme
|Study tour / field trip
- Engagement and partnership:
The institution aims to expand the innovation and continue to improve the breadth and depth of public engagement through events and programmes delivered through multiple mechanisms. It support and expand mobility opportunities for students through students and faculty exchange programmes. The target is to strengthen the Alumni Association so as to inform, empower and mobilize the alumnus to become more knowledgeable and involve in support of the institution.
- To establish linkages with other government bodies, organisations, institutions, and NGOs.
- Strengthening the existing MoUs by increasing the collaborative activities.
- Contributing to the extension activities by joining hands with the NGOs.
Table 5: Five year targets to establish linkages with the industries, government bodies, organisations, institutions and NGOs.
|Number of collaborative activities under the existing MoUs
|New MoUs institutions / Government bodies /NGOs
|Number of training programmes.
|Number of extension activities with NGOs.
(DR. C. VANLALNGHAKA) (LALHMANGAIHA SAILO)
IQAC CO-ORDINATOR PRINCIPAL
GOVT.SERCHHIP COLLEGE GOVT.SERCHHIP COLLEGE